Sunday, August 24, 2008

Shopping Soiree'



Sure have been gettin' some good finds lately...I love the ol' possum belly, they just make the best work tables in the kitchen and hold lots of taters and onions...the lil' wash stand has been stripped, I think that is why I liked it. I will put a fabric top on it from an old feed sack a new look I will be experimenting with, as I did already with the piano stool. Cute primitive lil' stools, a demi-lune table, great fruit still life (which will stay in my kitchen)...it's a reward for being such a frugal shopper...right...and of course you can't pass up porch posts if the price is right. Got a few other smalls I forgot to put in the shot, like a piece of fancy ball and stick fretwork, an old tin and wood drawer full of glass chair guards and a cute lil' box with a divider in it that looks ever so cute with my Ma Kettle (me) and Jethro (my man) in it...and I think it has to stay too....did I mention I love m job, a day in a hot building, slaving over piles of junk, loading a truck in this heat ALL BY MYSELF...and where is a Jethro when you need him???

But I do it all for you and the rest of the junk floozies out there, so you can dream in the land of the dumpster, AMERICA...the throw away society...now if I could just get a part time job at the city dump...or maybe drive a big rig (garbage truck). Now that would be a job...hangin' off the back of a big ol' truck like a man...giddy-up big feller!!!

Ahhhh, the life of a junk gypsy...