Monday, August 11, 2008

Some of my Fears...






Driving on a Sunday should be a pleasant event and I thought it was, as in the distance I saw what appeared to be a glider practicing maneuvers in the sky. Flying straight up to the heavens, then circling down to the depths, I thought he'd surely crashed as he disappeared from sight...then up again out of the depths he arose to fancy turns, high, high, higher, then to my amazement he was coming straight down the interstate, like a bomber locked on his target. The semi next to me was feeling the angst, we both slowed as the intrepid bomber approached our air-space. Just pulling up again, you could tell he was giving an early morning air show with his risky maneuvers. Then I realized as the mists of death jetted out the tail of the plane...
the 'crop duster'...
did I see a skull and cross-bones on the side of this deceiving yellow craft.


Bastard of the sky
bringer of uncertain death
toxic wasteland, Earth


I have seen you before, yellow trickster in flight

some may relish your skills, but I know your true meaning,

as you have polluted my own skies.

Trespassing your fowl stench

to my organic plots,

dusting noxious toxins so powerful

you have created super pestilence

that mock you as they dust off your attempts at their demise.

What will it take to bring this toxic trickster to his knees...

I scoffed at the sign-'Food, Health, Hope'

at the gate of Monsanto

'bio-engineered food, cancer, global warming'

is what the sign should have read.

Ours is a fragile domain, not theirs alone to conquer.

We all breathe the same air

we all have the same right

to food, health and hope,

but you have stolen it away and made us fodder

to a corrupt league

of medical, pharmaceutical and insurance beasts.

A new toxic form of scorpion,

ready to pump corporate corruption to our fragile meaning.

What will it take to eradicate these

bastards of the Earth
a globe warming...