Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hey Harriet...Shadow Shot Sunday #13


Another Sunday, another SSS...open your eyes and point the lens, you can do it. Go to Tracey's blog Hey Harriet and sign up for the adventure. Check out every ones shadow shot and leave an encouraging word...you're gonna meet some cool people. This is my entry...


Quan Yin
Goddess of Mercy
cloaked in sun-laced bliss
you relinquish your gift
from the Gods
to forfeit the Goddess right
Nirvana in the company of the Gods
to seek the humble rapture
of Man's meekest
moment...life.

12 comments:

Gina said...

Such lovely lacey shadows and once again your poem accompanies it so well..beautiful work Sharon :D

Hey Harriet said...

That lace creates the most exquisite patterns! Beautifully captured! Both image & words! :)

annette said...

I have missed far too much in a week, here, i will be back to read again later Sharon, but in the meantime, a lovely post and as G and HH said photo and words accompany each other perfectly, well done. annette :0)

Greyscale Territory said...

Those delicate lace shadows enhance the sacred mystery of the figure! A real visual of yin and yang! Magic!

Ali said...

interesting shot - I like how the pattern is distorted on the figure.

High Desert Diva said...

Sheesh! I'm humbled by words.

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Popped in from a comment
you left on "White Omorn cottage".
I am so glad I did...you have a
wonderful blog and I think I will
stay awhile and check it out :)

~kimme

Rosebud Collection said...

Beautiful..the poem and the shot..
Just lovely..Happy Sunday..

Lisa B. said...

Lovely little lacy shadows and wonderful poem! Thanks:D

Sandra Ree said...

Beautiful shadows Sharon! Love the poem also, you always find the best!

M.Kate said...

When I saw the SSS, I thought I it was a Guan Yin and of course it is..when I read the wordings. Absolutely beautiful, Guan Yin is prayed at almost all Taoist and Buddist Chinese home. Great SSS !! and good to know that Guan Yin is also across the pond :D

Toni said...

The lace really compliments the hardness of the statue. Would make a great black and white too! Thanks for sharing!